Temporary - After Care Program Support at Moffat School
This is a temporary position, starting on December 2, 2019 through December 19, 2019, Monday - Thursday from 3:00pm until 6:30pm in the commons area of the school.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a high school degree or equivalent education
- Have at least 1 year of experience working with children
- Submit to and pass various background checks
- Be mentally and physically capable of caring for a large group of children independently
- Possess a strong work ethic, be punctual, and have minimal absences
- Have an awareness of the unique needs of young children and have appropriate expectations of their abilities
- Be available for part-time substitute employment and available to work as late as 6:30 pm
- Have dependable transportation
Main duties for after-school care providers are planning and supervising engaging activities for students. This can mean fun play such as arts and crafts, or activities that focus on skills in drama, music or sports. Students in after-school care spend a lot of time outside the home and away from parents, so it's important that during these activities attendants keep a close eye on the students, watching out for any behavioral or emotional issues they may need to share with parents.
After-school care providers are often responsible for planning and serving snacks for students. They need to prepare food and drinks in accordance with the State and Care and Share policies and requirements, as well as clean dishes and put away food. Providers may also be responsible for getting the kids to help serve and clean up after eating.
Moffat School is on a four-day week, offers comprehensive insurance benefits and small class-sizes in a new, green-certified building. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. To apply, please visit: https://www.applitrack.com/moffatschools/onlineapp/