Full-time, School counselor beginning in the fall of 2021
- This is for a new and additional school counselor
- Qualifications include Master's or higher degree in School Counseling as defined by accreditation by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling or Related Educational Programs
- Colorado State Certification/Special Service Provider Endorsement
- This counseling position will work one on one with students from elementary to 12th grade on career planning
- Another key component of this position is implementing social and emotional resources to all students
- This position will be an all-around “go to person” for the students
Part-time, Middle school Math teacher
- The successful applicant must either possess a Colorado teaching license or have the ability and desire to obtain one
Full-time, K-12 Spanish Teacher
- Successful candidate must hold a Colorado Teaching License
- This is a full time position with District paid benefits
Full-time, 1st Grade Teaching position
- The successful candidate shall possess a Colorado Teaching License and previous experience is preferred
- This is a full time position and includes District paid medical insurance as well as other benefits paid for by the school
Full-time, District Special Education Teacher
- The Moffat Consolidated School District #2 has a position for a full time special education teacher.
Interested applicants should hold a valid Colorado Teaching license with a Special Education
Endorsement, or be eligible for Special Education Eligibility. The Special Education Teacher
provides instruction, assessment and program planning for special education students with a
resource-room focus. Other responsibilities include: monitoring, documenting, and evaluating
student progress and behavior for approximately 18 IEPs; researching, obtaining and providing
instructional materials for special education services; preparing for and facilitating IEP meetings;
serving as a resource for teachers, students and parents; working collaboratively with classroom
teachers; and coordinating and developing 504 plans for students with a qualifying disability.
- Evaluated by: Moffat School Principal, Crestone Charter School Director, Superintendent
- The Special Education Teacher instructs special education students in settings that provide a
continuum of services in the regular classroom, 1-1 and resource room settings in both Moffat
School and Crestone Charter School. The Special Education Teacher works directly with service
providers, families, teachers and administration to create, monitor and implement IEPs and 504s to
ensure that regular and special education services are designed to meet the student’s individual
educational needs. Observes, evaluates, reports and records students' academic performance, behavior, social development, and physical health for 504s and IEPs. Helps all students develop
competence and confidence simultaneously through a balance of acquiring basic skills and
developing conceptual understanding. Monitors, supervises, coordinates and enforces rules of
conduct and behavior for assigned students, and reinforces positive student behaviors in
accordance with school and District policy. Communicates with parents or guardians, teachers,
counselors, and administrators to resolve students' behavioral and academic problems. Develops,
coordinates and supports the development of 504 plans to ensure the district provides a “free
appropriate public education” to each qualified student with a qualifying disability.
- Salary: Based on school’s teacher pay scale with extra-duty contract negotiable
- Knowledge, Experience, & Other Qualifications: Must possess a current Colorado Department of Education Teachers License with an endorsement
in Special Education Generalist or Special Education Specialist or be able to obtain the endorsement
within the first year of employment. Previous experience working with special needs students and
their parents preferred.
- Moderate Needs Position: Serves students from multiple eligibility categories. May need to teach literacy, math, language skills, behavioral skills, daily living skills, and/or adaptive skills, and may also provide physical care
needs. Provides instruction at the large group, small group, and individual level. Collaborates with
general education staff for the successful inclusion of students.
Full-time Literacy Coach
Moffat School is on a four-day week, offers comprehensive insurance benefits and small class-sizes in a new, green-certified building.
- Beginning in the Fall of 2021.
- We are looking for a professional that has three to five years prior K-5 teaching experience, skills as aliteracy coach or mentor for adults on literacy related topics.
- Excellent communication skills and a deep understanding of scientifically based reading research and evidence-based practices for teaching reading and assessing student progress toward high academic achievement.
- The successful candidate will have a current Colorado teaching license or the ability and ambition to attain one.
For all employement matters, please contact Melanie Beckwith at email@example.com or at 719-745-0500 x1020 for more information.
Moffat Consolidated School District #2 is an equal opportunity employer